Sunday, April 21, 2013

Let's Hear It for the Boy

My card exchange group theme for the month of May is either a male birthday card or a Father's Day card. Either I'm going through a crafty slump or it's hard to make a "guy card." Maybe it's a little of both...

This was my first thought for the manly themed element for my card. It didn't really pan out well because I lost my mojo right after I made it. Maybe it's the colors, I don't know.
 It's from the Father's Day Cricut cartridge and I really like how it looks. I just don't know where to go from here. Reading other crafty blogs, I never see the oops we all make. Now this isn't really an oops, it's just dead in the water right now. It's going in my box of unfinished cuts.

My next idea hit a snag too. I decided to make the controller from the same cartridge and turn it into a card. This is the oops...
 I was going for a shiny jewel type thing on the buttons. My markers bled a little into the Glossy Accents and it didn't come out the way I envisioned. Back to the drawing board... maybe some acetate...

I think we have a winner with this one. I like how the acetate made the buttons shine. I used vellum on the left directional button and a little silver Uni-ball Signo Broad silver gel pen for some accents.



No comments:

Post a Comment